Hola chickos!
After leaving Bogota I moved my ass to San Gil, which was recommended rafting site. I didn`t have any reservation so I simply went to a place one friend told my about and it appeared it was no place for me...Fortunately I found the last bed in another hostel...San Gil is a pretty popular place. Funny thing: I`ve met like 5 people who I previously met in Alegria`s.
San Gil is a small and nice city with a cosy market, where people usually sit on the evenings, enjoy climate, drink cervezas, chat and have fun. Like it!
Rafting.
Rio Suarez is a river which needs a bit of experience, it´s not a problem though, you can sign all the papers and simply go:) I´ve done rafting before, in Turkey, also pretty strong... Rio Suarez has rapids like 3 - 5 (actually the maximum scale is 6) A W E S O M E. There were moments when waves were so big that we couldn`t see anything at all. Adams (yeah, there was another Adam on the boat) had front positions, which is pretty demanding and needs coordination between two sides of the boat, rest of the boat should follow `the fronters`. It was sometimes very close to fall out from the boat, but fortunately we`re all in one piece...After reaching each rapid we said "celebration" and moved all the padels up together. We also had some break for lunch and swimming in the river - cool thing!
Great people, great river, great fun! Rio Suarez!
A sample of what we did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nODblD5E0p4
Second day of San Gil: I went to a very nice Parque El Gallineral and had a small bus trip to Barichara. This is what Lonely Planet says about this small village: "Barichara is a kind of town that Hollywood filmmakers dream about. A Spanish colonial town of strinking beauty, the whitewashed buildings and stone streets look almost as new as the day they have created some 300 years ago." Check the picassa album.
It´s time for Bucaramanga.
Saludos!
me.
środa, 7 października 2009
Subskrybuj:
Komentarze do posta (Atom)
Awesome! I tried rafting in Turkey as well but this one looks definitely more hardcore'ish ;)
OdpowiedzUsuń