Hi guys,
my stay in Bogota is almost finished. News&more:
- espanol: mejor, entiendo mas y hablo un poco mas tambien
- salsa: better as well, although it seems I will skip all the bloody steps and come back to improvisation (although I was called "the most talented gringo ever" - haha)
- law: it´s interesting that all the cabs simply go (on the night) on the red light, nobody cares, even the police. Yesterday we saw a street fight and police were rather negotiating with both sides, am not sure whether they have enough force...Calvin said that in the States they would be lying on the street with a gun near their heads...
- food: I ate lamb lately, also tried all the traditional comidas columbianas: tomal (everything - chicken, potatoes, rice etc. covered by banana leaves), bandeja paisa (grilled steak, fried pork, sausages, rice, red beans, fried egg and avocado), Ajiaco soup (chicken, potatoes, corn, sour cream, capers, avocado and guasca), empanadas, arepas etc. The best is obviously seafood district with a great choice of fishes and some seafood as well.
- people: apart from the "citizens of the world" we met a lot of Colombians. They are very curious about Polish culture, Polish women, Polish food etc. Obviously they also want to know why I have chosen Colombia. The same scenario every time...
Btw. Do you know what MBA stands for? No? "Married but available" - funny, isn´t it?:)
Funny moment of the week: we saw a poster on the street "perro caliente promocion" and we asked Alegria, the owner of the hostel:
We: "Alegria, do you really eat dogs in Colombia?"
A: "yyyyyyyyyy????"
We: "yes, we saw them in one restaurant, had some emotional doubts about eating dogs...are they good?"
A: "yyyyyyy??? what do you mean, is that a joke???"
We: "no, it´s a serious question, we´d like to try them..."
A: "aha, you know what are perro caliente??"
We: "yes, we do, dogs...."
A: "yes, hot dogs!!"
:))))))))))))))
Expression of the week: "Gringo express" - we always use it as we are almost running on the streets of Bogota, we want to slow down a little bit but it simply happens all the time...
For the weekend we moved to Suesca, a small town north of Bogota. We were supposed to be climbing there and guys were but believe it or not it´s impossible to get size 44 here. Are they really so big??:))
Anyway we stayed in Suesca for a night, had a great party with the locals and came back to Bogota on Sunday evening. Interesting thing is that all the buses have some religious stickers on the back...
Tomorrow i´m moving to San Gil (it´s a very nice rafting site) and after that to Bucaramanga for even more adrenaline (paragliding course). Then I might go to Cartagena and Santa Marta (I´m seriously thinking about visiting "Lost city") I didn´t know how much Colombia can offer...
Saludos!
me.
p.s. I think more and more often of shaving my beard...
p.s.2. I´ve put some pictures at picassa...
Don't think about shaving... just SHAVE!
OdpowiedzUsuńEnjoy your last day Bogota...
J.